"Settings -> Proxy -> Storage -> Show..." doesn't do anything

What is your operating system?
KDE Neon 5.21 / Ubuntu 20.04

What is your Shotcut version (see Help > About Shotcut)? Is it 32-bit?
21.03.21, 64-bit

Can you repeat the problem? If so, what are the steps?

1. Click Settings -> Proxy, and make sure “Use Proxy” is checked
  2. Click Settings -> Proxy -> Storage -> Show…

Nothing happens.

Settings -> Proxy -> Storage -> Set… shows a file picker and lets me choose a folder. What should Show do? Intuitively, it should display that folder location somewhere, but I fail to see it. The ellipsis at the end suggests that it would open another window.

But it does!..

…if the folder that is currently set to be the proxy folder exists.

LOL, you are right, it is a new bug.

On 201128, which I tested just now, I got an error message saying the folder set to be my proxy folder did not exist.

Which is true, I had set it manually, then deleted the entire project folder tree.

But the same condition, seen from 210321, is just…
…is just…
…(we are waiting)…

No error message, simply nothing.

Try setting the folder manually with “Set” and see if it will now show you that popup window.

Thank you for confirming. I had set the folder already, ad you suggested at the end of the post.

1 Like

Note to developers:

I am also running Ubuntu Linux, in my case Kubuntu 18.04.
It is possible that the missing error message only occurs under Linux.

Show in folder features that opens your file manger (there is more than one menu item) does not work in all Linux builds such as Snap or desktop environments. I don’t know why. Linux fragmentation does not help.

This has not been my experience; the Linux file manager (Dolphin, since I am use the KDE-based Kubuntu) always opens on such menu items in Shotcut.

Except this one.
Now I understand that it is an exceptional case; because the folder in question no longer existed, the request that Shotcut was making of Dolphin was a meaningless request.

What intrigues me is the change in behavior with the recent version of Shotcut.
Older versions yield a “No such folder” popup; the latest Shotcut has prompts no such error poup.

I suspect that it is going through Qt, and that Qt has changed the request mode that it uses when asking the OS for the folder popup.

I checked, and Shotcut’s own code makes no check for whether it exists when you choose Show.

@dandv Are you using the Snap? I just checked on my Ubuntu 20.04 system with GNOME Shell, and the Show action works for me in the portable, AppImage, and Flatpak builds but not Snap.

1 Like

I get my automatic updates through Snap.

The older version that works is an appimage.

I seem to remember that Shotcut Appimage on Linux had a different behavior in Ubuntu Studio and there was no such problem.
However Shotcut Snap could not access certain links from Shotcut like the application folder, proxy storage, or even website links (forum and others).

I’m using the AppImage. The console shows this when I click Show…:

kde-open5: symbol lookup error: /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libQt5WaylandClient.so.5: undefined symbol: _ZN23QPlatformVulkanInstance13presentQueuedEP7QWindow, version Qt_5_PRIVATE_API