Screen Capture for Shotcut (?)

This is a question and a suggestion.

Are there any plans to incorporate any kind of Screen Capture functionality into Shotcut?

Perhaps initially something like the functionality that OBS has (but with a more streamlined, easier to use interface).

I very much doubt it. Shotcut’s roadmap can be seen here:

Thanks for your reply, Hudson555x.

I meant a video screen capture, not a still screenshot, like OBS, as I said in my post.

OBS is not known for its screenshot functionality, but one of the things it is know for is its video screen capture.

Thanks Elusien.

Thank you for clarifying.

In OBS you just set up a hotkey for Screenshot, and have used it on multiple occasions.
obs64_2022-08-06_16-38-08

??? As I have made clear, that is not what I am interested in, and not what OBS is known for, regardless of whether it has that functionality.

1 Like

Yes, you have made it quite clear that you are looking for Shotcut to adopt a Screen Video Recorder which OBS currently does. “Screen Capture” is more commonly known for a screenshot, not video capture. Yes, you didn’t specify that in your 2nd post here. Which I did read and understood 100%.

I wanted to clarify not just for you, but for everyone reading that OBS does have a screenshot ability.

Ah. You did not make it clear in your reply that you wanted to clarify for everyone reading that OBS does have a screenshot ability.

You said, “Screen Capture” is more commonly known for a screenshot, not video capture".

That is not accurate.

If you look at posts on these, and other, forums, you will notice that the term “screen capture” is used quite a lot in referring to video capture.

There is ambiguity about, and in the use of, this term.

Thanks for that. I didn’t know OBS could do screenshots, I’ve always used it to create videos and have used Sharex/Windows Snipping Tool for screenshots. I may revise my workflow thanks to this.

1 Like