Request for Assistance: Applying Uniform Animation Effects to Multiple Clips in Timeline

Hi,

I have been using filters on the track, but what I have been attempting to do is the following:

Let’s say I want every clip I drag into the third timeline to have the same animation, where each footage starts off large and then gradually zooms out.

I attempted to set this up in the third timeline, but unfortunately, the animation only applied to the first clip at the very beginning. This is because the timeline-wide filter only applies the animations at that specific time in the timeline, and not to every clip added to the timeline.

Now, my question is: Is there a quicker way to add the same “animations” to multiple clips without having to individually apply the effect to each clip?

I would greatly appreciate your guidance on this matter.

if every third clips has the same duration, then you can copy and paste the first one and release the media using the R shortcut.that will replace the media in the selected clip, with the media in the source browser. duration and filters are keept.

Hi,
maybe put the filter on the track?

He is talking about animations (keyframes) they are related to frame counts relative to the start of the clip/track so that will not repeat when put on a track.

1 Like

Ok,
I take back what I said :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

That is kinda confusing to me.

But also not every clip I wanna put the same keyframed filter on is the same length so that will probably not work with what you are suggesting.

You can copy the filters from one clip to another, simple keyframes will work fine on different clip lengths
but adv. keyframes will not work because the are assigned to the number of frames from the start of the clip.
In the latests version of shotcut, you can copy the filter to a file and add them directly from the filter chooser

“You can copy the filters from one clip to another, simple keyframes will work fine on different clip lengths
but adv. keyframes will not work because the are assigned to the number of frames from the start of the clip.”
Well I know I can do this but I was just trying to see if anyone knew any faster way to get the same copy of filters on multiple clips without doing it 1 by 1. I even tried selecting all the clips I wanted to paste the same keyframes fliters, but it only pasted on the first clip not all the selected clips which didn’t make sense.

“In the latests version of shotcut, you can copy the filter to a file and add them directly from the filter chooser”
How can I do this?

This topic was automatically closed after 90 days. New replies are no longer allowed.