Release Candidate version 23.04.20

I do not understand how to reproduce this, and it is probably not important enough to fix at this stage.

All fields, menus, and buttons in the Properties panel are now disabled for a missing clip.

2 Likes

hi, how are you guys?

With GPU mode on, most equivalent CPU filters are removed with only their GPU versions available. I think this should be reconsidered and the CPU equivalents should still be available. The reason is when you mix GPU filters with the available CPU filters then the GPU filters are always placed on top of the filter stack. In some cases this doesn’t matter but in many cases, it does matter because you won’t be able to do certain effects that depend on the order of the filters being moved around.

As an example, only the GPU Brightness filter is available in GPU mode. So if you had Chroma Key: Simple on and wanted to do something with the Brightness filter on whatever is left after the color background is keyed out like this, you can’t in GPU mode because the GPU Brightness filter will always stay on top as you can see here.

So to still allow all of the flexibility of filter effects it’s best to keep the CPU equivalent filters alongside the GPU ones in GPU mode. In accordance with that, I would also suggest moving all the GPU filters to their own GPU filter category to not see the same filter names in the Filters video category until this issue is resolved in one way or another.

1 Like

I have thought about this too, but I am finalizing the release now, and this makes a good suggestion for the next version.

moving all the GPU filters to their own GPU filter category to not see the same filter names

I was thinking to add “(GPU)” to the end of each, but this is good idea. Except that row in the UI is getting too wide now, and a dropdown is less convenient. I will play around with smaller text, moving the close button, text under icon, etc.

1 Like