Recording the playback

Hi,

what about recording the playback with “Realtime” not checked?
I mean the data is already present, it would only need to record them (into the RAM or a tmp file).
And a button “Record” and “Replay”…, by pressing “Record” existing data can be replaced, and “Replay” starts where the recording began. And you have the exact position, if you want to change something, in the timeline. Done!

:thinking: ?

Best regards
Earlybite

Was meinst Du? - Audiodubbing?

Nein…, es geht um ein fließendes Playback, während man editiert, mit der Möglichkeit **direkt in der Timeline Änderungen vorzunehmen.

Ich habe immer Parts, die eigentlich unmöglich zu bearbeiten sind, weil Ruckeln Ruckeln Ruckeln (eine Sekunde wird dann zu fünf Sekunden).
Zwar hat sich meiner Meinung nach das Abspielen (im Editor) ohne Echtzeit verbessert, aber dafür habe ich jetzt mit Echtzeit erhebliche Sprünge (bei 60 FPS Preset == 17 Frames<!>) und da kann durchaus mal was übersehen werden (ist mir passiert<!>).
Es braucht, meiner Meinung nach, eine Möglichkeit das Editierte mal richtig flüssig zu sehen, in der Timeline,
Und da bietet sich ein Recording bei ohne Echtzeit einfach schon an, denn man braucht das einfach nur quasi zusammenfassen, z. Bsp. in eine Datei, denn die Daten werden ja schon Frame für Frame zusammengestellt. Dann ein Button “Aufnahme abspielen” und dann spielt man die aufgenommene Passage einfach in der Timeline ab.
Dann hat man eine flüssige Vorschau und man hat die Möglichkeit direkt in der Timeline Änderungen vorzunehmen.

Ein evtl. vorliegendes Recording kann ja zu jedem Projekt-Start gelöscht werden und kann beim Editieren nach einem Klick auf “Recording” überschrieben bzw. gelöscht werden.

Ganz simpel! :smile:

Beste Grüße
Earlybite

Aahh-verstehe!
So etwas hat ja Premiere immer gehabt und Preview-Dateien erstellt, damit es im Editor flüssiger läuft.

Now I understand, another Videoeditor created preview-files only for a fluid playback in the preview window.

That means every clip with filters, transitions, etc are pre-rendered. Advantage of this: exporting will be very faster!

Weiß ich nicht, Premiere kenne ich als Fernsehsender…

Do not know, I know Premiere as a TV station (channel)…

Export will be faster, maybe, do not know, is not really my motive in that case.
My motive is, that we (let me really write this that way) need a way to have smooth and editable playback in the timeline, in the editor, while editing, also and certainly for the “hard passages” (Mask filter e.g., and/or e.g. 10, 12 more acting filters).
And in my opinion it should not be a massive work to implant this that way…, because the data is already there with/while playback where Realtime is not set, frame by frame.

I’m begging you on my knees… :smile: ?

Best regards
Earlybite

Exactly, that’s it what I wrote.
But if you want this, SC has to pre-render it in the background by a defined range in the timeline.
That videoeditor, I was talking about (no TV-Channel) :wink: is doing this:

"To play back complex sections in real time and at full frame rate, you may have to first render preview files for those sections. It marks unrendered sections of a sequence with colored render bars. A red render bar appearing in the time line of a sequence indicates an unrendered section that probably must be rendered to play back in real time and at full frame rate. A yellow render bar indicates an unrendered section that probably does not need to be rendered to play back in real time and at full frame rate. Regardless of their preview quality, sections under either red or yellow render bars should be rendered before you export them to tape. A green render bar indicates a section that already has rendered preview files associated with it.

Sequences refer to preview files in much the same way as source media. If you move or delete preview files in the Windows or Mac file browser rather than the Project panel, you’ll be prompted to find or skip the preview files the next time you open the project."

But this technique has to be implemented in SC, so it can’t be done yet.

It’s reading so difficult, isn’t it?
But why so difficult in the beginning?!

Hit the “Record” button once, recording starts (with time stamp from the time line), hit that button once again, recording stops. Done!
Hit than “Play record” and the playback starts from where you have hit the “Record” button once (to see in that screen inside the editor). Done!
Important is, that we have the chance to have exactly that frame it needs…

And again, the data is already present (and if you want so, it is already pre-rendered, because it is played in the screen inside the editor), with “Realtime” not checked. It only needs to combine that data into a file, which can be played back in the screen inside the editor.
So simple! Really!

Best regards
Earlybite´

This will never be done in Shotcut using a “record” metaphor because that idea is overused. Capture from a device is like recording. Export is like recording. An easier voiceover tool will be like recording.

What you request is already available in a poor way:

1. Timeline > menu > Copy Timeline to Source
  2. Mark in/out in Source player
  3. Export
  4. Double-click completed job to play it in the Source player

When Markers and Regions are implemented (soon), this will become a little easier by letting you export from Timeline using markers or a region to define the time range.

Other editors including a caching feature, which is more of what you are looking for. When a frame is rendered, it is cached on disk, and only the last N rendered frames are cached.

1 Like

Hi,

it was/is only an idea to a fast solution…
But Ok, accepted.

When is “soon”? <duck and cover?>

I just recognized, that it is already possible to adjust exactly to a frame in the Source player… :slight_smile:

Ok, I’m curious about things will come. :smile:

'Til then
and best regards
Earlybite

I do this to watch and control instantly specific parts of the film.