Random crash on changing video modes in settings

This is an issue I’ve seen a few times now and it occurs randomly.

Steps to Reproduce:
Go to Setting > Video Mode > then changing the current mode from one preset to another can trigger a random hard crash of shotcut

This occurs more commonly when you have a large file for editing, the more timelines you have the more it will occur. For me so far it seemed to occur between 5-10% of the time when changing video mode. This happened when I was swapping between 4k and 720p both at 60fps. Did see it between a 720p and 1080p change as well, when editing my last video. Suspect this might be some form of memory leak.

Some of you might be asking why I was changing video mode so often and that’s because, I was working on a split screen video. The downside of doing that is the preview view in the timeline at 4K, because it’s running two videos side by side is very very slow. Making the preview hard to watch, so knocking it down to 720p reduces this hugely.

Watching working edits when you have two or three videos running side by side, I’m not sure how smooth it can be, but might be an area that could be looked at. Currently I do split screen via multiple size and position filters. Perhaps having a special filter just to do splitscreen might help this?

No reply from developer, still present in latest version.

Which version do you have installed? (I could assume you mean 18.05.08, which was released yesterday).
What are your computer specifications?