Problem with sound in shotcut

What is your operating system?
Windows 10

What is your Shotcut version (see Help > About Shotcut)? Is it 32-bit?
Shotcut version 22.06.23

Can you repeat the problem? If so, what are the steps?
(Please be specific and use the names as seen in Shotcut, preferably English. Include a screenshot or screen recording if you can. Also, you can attach logs from either View > Application Log or right-click a job and choose View Log.)

There is a problem when using the DNxHR container.

Algorithm for repeating the error:

• create or find any 60 fps file with sound (for clarity, I created a 4 second file with a pure sine wave and any background in mp4 format).
    • apply the conversion to a convenient DNxHR format in the shotcut.
    • place it on the timeline and make a cut somewhere.
    • render and listen to the result.

I noticed that the first piece before the cut sounds without problems, the second part after the cut is already defective in sound.

Nuances.
This problem does not exist if you do not recode the file to DNxHR format and work directly with mp4. This issue only appears at high frame rates (60). If you take the source at 25 fps, it will be more difficult to repeat the problem, but it also happens sometimes. For a better understanding of what I was doing and what I meant, I made a screen recording. In this video, I demonstrate the quality of audio rendering through the audacity program.

I reproduced this with the DNxHR/ALAC option only and changed this option’s audio codec from ALAC to 32-bit float PCM for the next version.

1 Like