Problem with Export Template

What is your operating system? Win 10

What is your Shotcut version (see Help > About Shotcut)? Is it 32-bit? 64 bit

Problem-

So, I have created an export template in Shotcut and when I try to export using my custom template, it doesnt get saved as a .mp4 file. I have checked the advanced tab where .mp4 is selected.
shotcut

Can you repeat the problem? If so, what are the steps?
(Please be specific and use the names as seen in Shotcut, preferably English. Include a screenshot or screen recording if you can. Also, you can attach logs from either View > Application Log or right-click a job and choose View Log.)

You didn’t provide your Shotcut version. And please don’t say “The latest” tell us the number of the version.

Also, It would be useful to see the Codec tab of your preset.

Does it get save at all? And if so, to what format?

This is not really a bug because we do not imply a file extension from the format alone. For example, mp4 could be .mp4, .3gp, .m4v, .m4a; or matroska could be .mkv, .webm, etc. so, you need to add a line to your preset in the dialog that appears or to the text file that was saved to App Data Directory:
meta.preset.extension=mp4
There is already a post in #suggestion to add a field to the dialog to automate this.

C:\Program Files\Shotcut\lib

I went to this path to find the data directory but I cant find one. Is there a simpler way to do this? Thanks

Ok. So I saved another preset with a new name and typed the command you gave me above and it works perfectly fine. Thanks.

Is there a way to rename a saved preset?

You can read a little such as the FAQ to learn about the saved location of presets, but also it is in the menu: Settings > App Data Directory > Show… > presets > encode

Perfect! TY

This topic was automatically closed after 89 days. New replies are no longer allowed.