Problem applying LUT filter

What is your operating system?
Linux Mint 21.1 Vera (using Mate).

What is your Shotcut version (see Help > About Shotcut)?
23.05.07 and 23.05.14 (AppImage).

Can you repeat the problem? If so, what are the steps?
(Please be specific and use the names as seen in Shotcut, preferably English. Include a screenshot or screen recording if you can. Also, you can attach logs from either View > Application Log or right-click a job and choose View Log.)

I apply the LUT filter to a video clip on the timeline, and when I click on the button to navigate to the location where the LUT file is kept, there is a brief pause (the dialogue box never actually appears) and then Shotcut suddenly quits. This happens every time I try it with the two latest versions (that is to say, I have never been able to apply the LUT filter), though the earlier 22.12.21 version works fine.

Just one other observation: is the new version 10-bit aware? Scopes like the video histogram still show levels as 0-256 (rather than 0-1,024) with 10-bit video on the timeline.

The timeline format and output are 8-bit. All source videos are scaled or conformed to 8-bit to match it. The scopes are showing the timeline output (8-bit), not the input file raw data (10-bit).

Not when using GPU Effects, which can support 10-bit end-to-end (source → processing → export) when using only GPU filters (if any) as mentioned in the release notes. But even with that, the preview and scopes are always 8-bit.

I reproduce the reported problem but only with the AppImage. All other app formats are working though including portable, snap - both based on the same build as AppImage - and flatpak.
All filters that use a file dialog also have this problem such as Mask: From File using custom, Mask: Draw, GPS Graphic, and GPS Text.

This bug was fixed by repackaging the AppImage! Since the build did not change and only the packaging (remove bundled, old Ubuntu 18.04 libraries no longer needed), the existing 23.05.14 AppImage was updated on the download sites.

Thank you so much, excellent forum service as usual; very grateful.