Pre renderd 360° footage is renderd white in shotcut

What is your operating system?
fedora 36/linux mint 21.3/pop os

What is your Shotcut version (see Help > About Shotcut)? Is it 32-bit?
it is the latest flatpak version from flathub, 22.06.23

Can you repeat the problem? If so, what are the steps?

i render the insta 360 footage in windows in their special 360 degree editor, i can play the resulting footage just fine in any mediaplayer on windows or on linux. when i try to make a movie with it on linux, shotcut previews the footage just fine (i use proxy btw) but when i render the final result, the footage is white. the sound is fine, video footage comes out white.

Did you choose the xport option “Use Hardware Encoding”? If so try again with this option unticked.

i forgot too mention that i used both with and without hardware encoding, the result is both the same, white video

This is due to these video files including a data stream before the audio or video making them incompatible with proxy editing because the media stream index values mismatch. It is a known issue that can be found somewhere here. The workaround is to not use proxy editing or to convert them in a manner such that they do not include the data track. You can learn more and perhaps understand better with Properties > menu > More Information.

thanks man, you’re the best. i thought my hardware was on the blink or something.

i have tried it without using the proxy setting, and the 360° footage still renders as white. is there a work around?
edit i converted the file to mkv wich makes it alot more managable in the timeline (less laggy) and now it renders just fine