Possible bug - SPR or CROP boundary box visible in Player mode

I might have found a bug - regarding a SPR (or crop) filter boundary box which appears in PLAYER mode, even though it is turned off in EDITING mode.
I made this short video to explain in detail:

Here is the text of the subtitles I added to the video:

I have a video clip on V2 with 3 filters - fade in, fade out and SPR.
In Editing mode, everything works as expected…
Swap to Player mode - still everthing works fine.
Go back to Editing mode and select the SPR filter. The boundary box appears (as expected).
Go to Player mode - the boundary box disappears. This is also expected - you don’t want to see a boundary box in Player mode.
HOWEVER, go back to Editing mode and change the order of the 3 filters, and put the SPR filter on the top.
Go to Player mode- and the boundary box stays visible.
This was not what I expected.
Go back to Editing mode and turn off the visibility boundary box with the cross.
In Player mode, the boundary box is still visible. I would expect it to disappear.
It seems that if the SPR filter is the topmost filter, the boundary box always appears, in Player mode.
Also, if the SPR is the ONLY filter, the problem also occurs.
To me, this is a bug. I don’t expect to see boundary boxes in Player mode.
The same thing happens if you choose a crop:rectangle filter instead of a SPR filter.

2 Likes

And the Mask: Simple Shape filter too, which also uses a rectangle control.

I reported a similar problem in 2022.

1 Like

Ah, yes, so you did, @musicalbox. I must have missed it. Thanks! As you put it, it would be nice if the filters would remain deselected when switching layouts.

1 Like

Yes. Especially since the workaround proposed by Dan in the other post ( Ctrl+D = Select None) doesn’t seem to work anymore.in the Player layout.

This is fixed for the next release.

2 Likes

Great news - thank you @brian!

1 Like

But it will not be in the beta as it came in too late.

1 Like