Portableapps.com shotcut version loses language settings every time

What is your operating system?
Win10 - I7

What is your Shotcut version (see Help > About Shotcut)? Is it 32-bit?
21.09.20 - portableapps.com version

Can you repeat the problem? If so, what are the steps?
Hi. I’ve decided to migrate to portableapps.com version because I already use those app and the portal provide useful update and maintenance features.

The strange bug is that portable apps version loses language settings at every launch. The default language is different from english, so I have to set up every time the language and throw the application restart.

I fear that all settings can be erased at the same way but in any case, portableapps.com saves the application with 3 folders that should be used to save user settings, instead, for example, of windows registry or “user roaming” directories.
Here is the root folder of shotcut “PB”
App
Data
Other
ShotcutPortable.exe
help.html

I don’t know if this could be a bug. Maybe some settings are stored “differently” from the portable version of portableapps.com. In any case, it results userfriendly to have a common interface to update lots of portable applications.

Thanks in advance.

Did you test their version, against the version you can download from Shotcut directly?
Your version has been replaced by 21.09.22.

portableapps version differ from shotcut.org portable version.

Internal directory structure is different, but If I use the shotcut.org portable version I lose the auto-update function provided by portableapps (of course).

Why not contact the app website about your issues? If that website changed the package around, then it’s on them to correct the situation.

You might want to message @GordC who is one of PortableApp’s developers and who has proved willing to help in the past. See:

This bug report is not accepted here.

Thanks for the heads-up @Elusien.

@roberto.mutti, please submit a bug report here, and we’ll be happy to help you: https://portableapps.com/node/add/forum/53