Particle filter

I’m afraid not. My HTML fragmentation code can only handle static images. You could get a snapshot image of the the last frame of one clip, apply the fragmentation filter to it, then get a snapshot image of the first frame of the next clip and apply the defragment filter to that. Similar to what you did in your video.

However, there are a whole set of different transitions (67 to be precise) showcased on here:

GL Transitions

To see how they perform you can play about with them by moving your mouse pointer across the individual images. You can tailor them by clicking on the image. Dan has been good enough to provide me with some code that I am using to make it simple for any user of Shotcut to make use of them. See here:

I have written the first bit of code and now it is fairly easy to do the rest. I should have something available for people to try within the next few days.

The code is an Overlay HTML filter that you apply to a transition. To use it:

• You create a very simple HTML file that has just the HTML ‘<canvas>’ tag in it specifying the name of the transition you want to use and any of its parameters that you want changing e.g. ‘<canvas id=“swirl”></canvas>’

• You then create a transition between two clips as would normally (dragging the left clip part way over the right).

• You then select the transition area on the track and apply the Overlay HTML filter (with the WebVfx option ticked) to it.

Et voila - the transition is applied. It uses the GPU for rendering the transition.

I will make an announcement on the forum when I have the finished product for people to use. At some stage I might get round to adding some of my own transitions into this new framework.

1 Like