Not Exporting Video For Full Duration

What is your operating system?
macOS Sierra 10.12.6

What is your Shotcut version (see Help > About Shotcut)? Is it 32-bit?
Shotcut 20.10.31, 64-bit

Can you repeat the problem? If so, what are the steps?
(Please be specific and use the names as seen in Shotcut, preferably English. Include a screenshot or screen recording if you can. Also, you can attach logs from either View > Application Log or right-click a job and choose View Log.)

I edited a guitar lesson together with a separate audio track for my voice and guitar, but when exporting the audio and video together, the audio plays the whole time, but the video cuts out after about 30 seconds. I haven’t had any problems so far and have uploaded 2 videos to YouTube using Shotcut since iMovie no longer works on my OS. Has anyone else ran into this or know how to fix it? I’ve tried exporting the video 3 times now, 2 on my previous version of Shotcut and one with the updated version.

Exporting to .avi worked, but now there is video for the whole project but no audio. Not sure what to do.

Please post a screenshot of your project with the playhead somewhere past 30 seconds (where you said don’t see any video from the exported file. Top most track selected, with the filter’s panel shown.

What export preset did you use?
Using the hardware encoder?
Did you enter Advanced and change any settings? If so, which settings?
In Advanced, is Parallel processing checked or unchecked?

Sure, here’s the screenshot. I used YouTube as the export preset, not using the hardware encoder. I didn’t enter any Advanced settings.

It could be the source video file causing the issue.

You could try this:
File - Save As, and rename the project to a different name.
Click on the source clip, Properties Tab, then Convert to Edit-friendly.
shotcut_2020-11-15_09-48-30
Best/Lossless to preserve video quality.
Replace current clip with the converted clip.
shotcut_2020-11-15_09-48-45

If you run Convert from within the project, Shotcut automatically replaces every clip in the project when the convert job completes successfully.

I agree this could be a problem with the source media but also this could be a problem with the player. For example, if you shot on recent iPhone in 4K60, I have found a lot of players choke on that and especially with a higher bitrate output as produced by a video editor. Try playing the previous export result in Shotcut before anything else.

Thank you both for your replies, unfortunately the Convert failed as well.

The iPhone isn’t recent, it’s a 6s that was shooting at like 720p at 30fps. I’m going to try it with my camera that I normally use, a Canon Rebel T3i and see if I have any better luck with that.

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.