New Apple silicon version 22.10.25 not launching

What is your operating system?
MacOS 11.6.7 BigSur, running on an M1 Mac Mini (ie., ARM64 Apple Silicon)

What is your Shotcut version (see Help > About Shotcut)? Is it 32-bit?
22.10.25 ARM64 version

Can you repeat the problem? If so, what are the steps?
(Please be specific and use the names as seen in Shotcut, preferably English. Include a screenshot or screen recording if you can. Also, you can attach logs from either View > Application Log or right-click a job and choose View Log.)

I run the app, and the icon just bounces once, and then silently doesn’t launch.

The same problem with 22.09.23 and 22.10.22 (I’ve been using the 21.6.29 ARM version, which runs fine)

For what it’s worth, the Intel versions run ok, it’s just the ARM64 one that doesn’t run.

Any ideas?

I tested it successfully under a guest account on the build machine with macOS Monterey (all I have to work with). Big Sur is not supported on arm64. Why would one get an Apple silicone machine (bleeding edge) and keep it in the first version of the OS that supports it? I have no plans for additional compatibility.

That’s fair enough; thanks - I’m only using Big Sur because I’ve been too busy to update (and reluctant because OS updates nearly always break something I’m currently using :smiley: )

I’ll have to find some time to move on to a newer OS.

Thanks for the reply.