My file is not exporting

This is the first time I have used this software and created a video… So I am familiar to nothing!

I have built a video for the purposes of uploading it onto youtube and was happy and excited to be finally able to press the button to do it further to issue after issue of dealing with shotcut crashes, glitches and bugs… And it will not let me export my video.

I have read what I found available on this forum and nothing has helped.

But I know you will not help me unless I specifically give you the right information so here goes.

Error Code: 1073741701
Parallel Processing: Off
GPU Effects: Never On

I have no clue about identifying the issue through the log as I am not that smart and do not know what I am looking for.

Someone please… Just help me get this done so I put this horrible experience behind me please.

What happens?
Does the “Jobs” widget appear?
Does the progress bar change?
Are you waiting until it says “done”?
At what point do you get the error?
Do you ever get this error with other software?

If you create a simple project with just one short audio track or one image for example and export that, does it work?

Have you tried re-downloading the latest version of shotcut?

For reference: here’s a video of how to render/export/save video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HsZNtFbapyI

There is some discussion about the error number at https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-files/error-1073741701/e5822dac-01c7-42f4-bfa5-b8d6385be667

What happens? Instant failure of the job
Does the “Jobs” widget appear? Yes
Does the progress bar change? it changes to fail almost instantly
Are you waiting until it says “done”? Nothing gets done
At what point do you get the error? almost instantly
Do you ever get this error with other software? no, never

The file is not straightforward. There are 30 mins of footage with audio and video tracks and I have used effects but only audio fade in/out, mute and transition. There are two levels of video and one of audio.

Hope this helps.

Yes, this was also a horrible experience as every one I downloaded had problems and failed on opening files several times

What are your computer specifications?

Why does that matter?

Will the program run up until a point I click ‘export’ and suddenly demand super-specifications for a conversion of a file?

Is there someone that I can just send his to in order to resolve?

Or better yet, can I convert this file to use other software or can other software open this in order to convert the file to something I can load onto youtube?

OK So I have followed all advice I have found regarding this issue and the log fail code and the obligatory restart and whilst the program itslef has started to respond better - the export issue still remains. I get a failure instantly - No change - Juat failiure in recording - Instantly.

Can someone with some experience with this please help as all I want to do is export my video and put this issue to bed.

Thanks in advance

Where does this error code appear? A popup dialog?

If you right-click on this entry in the jobs panel there is an option to view the job log. If you share that log with us, we might be able to find a clue.

Hi Brian,

We seem to have made progress, though with no logic attached to it.

I had so much trouble upgrading, when I did there as no improvement.

Since then I have done a system clean from the command prompt, re edited the video and re-upgraded the software and we seem to have less lag and crashing and it does seem to be exporting now…

I hope this resolves this once and for all - But it was not easy getting it to this stage and much to my annoyance I do not know exactly what the problem was to remedy it, should it happen again.

Thanks for responding however.

We don’t know your computer environment. Wish you luck.

For others who may be reading…
These are the minimum specifications needed to run Shotcut.

• Operating system: 32- or 64-bit Windows 7 - 10, Apple macOS 10.8 - 10.10, or 64-bit Linux with at least glibc 2.19.

• CPU: x86-64 Intel or AMD; at least one 2 GHz core for SD, 2 cores for HD, and 4 cores for 4K.

• GPU: OpenGL 2.0 that works correctly and is compatible. On Windows, you can also use a card with good, compatible DirectX 9 or 11 drivers. We do not have a list.

• RAM: At least 4 GB for SD, 8 GB for HD, and 16 GB for 4K.

If you still have the .mlt project file that was failing to export, you can attach it here, and I will see if I can find the source of the problem. At least that way, all your frustrations might not have been for naught. If you do not want to share publicly, you can PM me.

This topic was automatically closed after 90 days. New replies are no longer allowed.