My feedback after using Shotcut for the first time

Hi. I heard about Shotcut and I decided to give it a shot. I managed to do a small project (5:00) with no problem on Linux. I love that it is portable and does not require any installation. I’m not a professional video editor, but ShotCut has all the tools I needed to be able to do simple projects quickly and easily. Also, I want to thank you for the video tutorials and the FAQ section. They helped me a lot.

I suggest you guys make a skin / theme based on light colors. At night I like to edit with a dark skin, but during the day I like to edit using a clear skin since the natural light in my room is too much and the dark background prevents me from editing fluidly.

Another suggestion on my part is that you fix the timeline. When I press the “+” symbol to add a piece of video, the time line does not place it where I marked it. Then I have to look for the piece from left to right and then drag it to where I originally wanted to place it.

So far, it has been a good experience and I really like the software. I want to mention that my experience with other video editing software on LInux has been counterefficient. I’ve always had problems with codecs, encoding, no audio, no video previews and crashing/stop working. My experience with ShotCut has been the complete opposite of this and I was surprised.

Many thanks and greetings from Puerto Rico

For the theme change just go into Settings>Theme>Fusion Light. Thank you for enjoying Shotcut! :slight_smile:

Oh nice! I missed that. Looks good. Thank you! :slight_smile:

Hi, for that use the Paste symbol on the left of the + sign instead: