More control on playback speed

Sometimes can be helpful to control the velocity of the playback in timeline, specially when using the highspeed playback. Right now it gos very fast and is impossible to understand a dialog when playing timeline in high speed, it would be so nice to have an intermediate (less high) speed that make it possible, or even better, to have some kind of control for 1/4x, 1/2x, 1x, 2x, 4x, etc, playback speed.

2 Likes

Iā€™d like to bump this for visibility. I know you all have a lot on your plate, but this would improve my Shotcut workflow immeasurably.

0.125x
0.177x
0.250x
0.354x
0.500x
0.707x
1.000x
1.414x
2.000x
2.828x
4.000x
5.657x
8.000x

Square root of two.

This was already significantly improved in version 21.01:

• Improved the playback speeds of fast forward and rewind to not be so fast and more usable.

This makes 1x, 2x, 4x, 8x, and so on more realistic. This doubles or halves every time you press fast forward or rewind or use their keyboard shortcuts. Speeds between 0 and 1 is not available in the engine at this time, and it is very low priority. Sometimes, depending on your media, stepping frame-by-frame with key repeat can achieve something slower than 1x.

2 Likes

Sorry! Somehow I got an old version. I am updating now before I submit any more comments to this forum.