MLT2EDL script error fix

Hi team,

I wonder why I get an empty EDL export. Could you please give me a hint?

The background is about my need to move from Shotcut to DaVinci as Shotcut is unfortunately not stable on my brand new Ubuntu 20.4 system setup. Also I am using the current version of Shotcut provided by flathub, have enough ram, a recent CPU and GPU.

The EDL export message is:
[Error ] <MainWindow::on_actionExportEDL_triggered> Uncaught exception at line 6981 : “TypeError: Cannot read property ‘0’ of undefined”
Maybe caused by a wrong declared array as argument of a function, as said right here: https://stackoverflow.com/questions/29431225/javascript-uncaught-typeerror-cannot-read-property-0-of-undefined

I attach the mlt file: Uploading: 2020-07-20T14 Mit Buddha im Tank.mlt….

Thank you so much for your help
York

This will probably not work as you expect. It does not keep any filters and only exports one track: the one indicated as current when you export. It might also have accuracy problems with 29.97 or 59.94 fps. Also, your mlt file did not upload and therefore not downloadable.

Thank you for your kind reply!
The mlt file is not valid as the track element has not declared in and out attributes.
I attach the mlt file. You may check for errors too?
2020-07-20T14 Mit Buddha im Tank.mlt (2.3 MB)
I like the editor, its just not running stable and sometimes I have to wait for processing, even loading takes some minutes.

I am locked in by the missing edl export, right? So I have to stand and finish in Shotcut.
Could I write a xslt file for conversion or is the logic from mlt to edl too complex?
Thank You!

I figured out the source of this error and fixed it for the next version. Here is the EDL for your project.

2020-07-20T14 Mit Buddha im Tank.edl (116.1 KB)

Thank you so much!!!
Namaste :pray:

I tried a lot of variants and own editings to import the EDL in DaVinci. It is in any case not working. So I continue with Shortcut and will stand the crashes and waiting times.
Is logging something I can contribute for the development and for the stability of the program?