Minor error in Shotcut Credits Overlay HTML (Text:HTML) Generator

See this.

The scrolling lasts for as long as the clip to which you apply the filter. The shorter the clip the faster the credits will scroll.

The HTML data-control tag is only used for when testing in a browser. You can try different values of the length of time then run it in a browser. Once you are happy with the speed create a clip that length in Shotcut and apply the filter. It will run at the same speed as it did in the browser.

I’ll have a look and see what I can do.

I have tried my regression test for “&” and “&amp” and cannot get the effect you mention. I tried it both in the browser and as a Shotcut filter and in both cases the behaviour exhibited is that which you wold expect. I don’t get anythng special happening with “&”. I have also looked at the code and can’t see how this could be happening.

Could you post your HTML so I could test it on my system?

Hi Elusien,

I try both ways … duration longer in your tool and extend the clip longer.
Both appears longer indeed. If I see further problem will report.
For now I can achieve what I needed to slow down the scrolling.
Thanks for the explanation … am more confident to control the speed now.
As for & ampersand … still works fine for me.

Hi @Elusien,

When using the credits HTML overlay, I notice there’s seems to have a few milliseconds flash of “white” text of the first screen before the scrolling of text starts.

The problem is … it does not always happen … I try to simulate it … it’s like out of 5 times, atleast 1 time you will see this “white text” flash out and gone.

I don’t know if you ever encounter this …
I do use the text flow effect … .
See attached …
OurDogs.HTML.txt (11.7 KB)

Hi @Elusien,

I manage to get that 1 frame (only 1 frame occur) with this flash white text before the Elusien’s credit text flow starts.
Here’s the image.CreditFlashWhiteText

Mea culpa - it is a “bug” in the “textflow” processing. I will fix it shortly. But in the meantime there is a workaround. Put the following line of CSS:

table {transform: translateY(99999px);}

at the end of the <style> section, i.e immediately before the lines:


ok thanks . I just clip away that 1 frame via a 2nd rendering for now.
Will use your method in future cases.

Hopefully I will fix the problem today, then put a new version up on my website.

The mistake was in the Video-Credits webpage, not the “textflow” code. I have fixed the webpage it now produces a Text:HTML (HTML Overlay) filter with the line:

#credits {margin: 0 auto; width: 100%; border-collapse: collapse; border: 0; transform: translateY(99999px); -webkit-transform: translate(99999px);}

rather than the line:

#credits {margin: 0 auto; width: 100%; border-collapse: collapse; border: 0;}


Appreciate your prompt respond as always. Very nice tool and ease of use too …
Finish my 4th video now … but 2nd with Credits since I found this new tool availability.

Thank you for your kind words.

I am putting the finishing touches to a new project to make it a lot simpler to create SubRip Subtitle files (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SubRip., that could be used stand-alone or as input to my subtitling webpage utility that hardcodes them into the video. I will announce it on the forum in the next few days. I may even produce a video (with subtitles), showing how to use it, though hopefully it shuld be straightforward.

Look forward to it …
I am a fan of “karaoke” so uses Aegisub and hardcode video with ffpmeg.
But for normal subtitle for video such as “tutorial” etc. will be good to see your tool … I plan to make some tutorial video after a few more weeks of learning Shotcut to be more proficient it it … along with supplementary tools like Blender to make nice & enjoyable video.

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.