Merging mlts corrupts

Follow their recommendation.

YouTube’s recommendation is to use the same frame rate as the source (link below). The other online streamers should be saying the same thing. Changing frame rate would negatively affect the look of the video. Frames will be dropped or duplicated to change the frame rate, which will create stutter that didn’t exist in the source and disconnect the link between frame rate and captured motion blur. Likewise, I can’t imagine the European CDNs of YouTube and Facebook asking PAL shooters (25fps) to upload in North American NTSC frame rates (30fps).

https://support.google.com/youtube/answer/1722171?hl=en

Agreed. I would not change a frame rate. But my students create their video from photos and clipart which have no fps. An earlier suggestion directed me to change my ShotCut Video Mode settings from automatic to 25fps. Is that still appropriate since 30fps comes up so often when I research the various video upload destinations such as Facebook, Youtube., Linkedin, Twitter et. al.

Using an actual setting rather than Automatic is definitely a good recommendation. As for 25 vs 30, and based on the clip art nature of the videos, I’d let your region decide. If you are in Europe (PAL), go with 25. If you are in North America (NTSC), go with 30. For the type of videos being made, they will look equally good in either format, and the streaming services should be equally accepting of either format. Having said that, there would be no harm in standardizing on 30 even if you were in Europe.

This topic was automatically closed after 90 days. New replies are no longer allowed.