Losing focus on the Timeline

Hello there,

I’m a heavy key shortcut user. I’m finding that while I S, X, Alt+Arrow my way around the timeline focus is periodically lost on the timeline. Requiring a click to get back to editing with key shortcuts again.

I don;t see this as a bug anywhere, nor do I see a relevant setting.

Can anyone help?

I run Shotcut 21.10.31 on two Linux boxes (Lubuntu and Arch)

Shift + Esc focuses the timeline.

I asked the same thing and this was explained to me (by Dan) :smiley:

That’s a shame - I tried that, and it worked, but shift+ESC is a keybind in my OS for the power (shutdown etc) menu, so it had some unexpected consequences!

Is there any way to modify it, or fix the underlying behavior? I can’t see anything in settings?

Have you figured out what makes it lose focus. In my experience, the only way to lose focus on the timeline is to click outside of it. If your hand is on the mouse anyway, you can click back in it.

Actually, it focuses the player, not the timeline.

Have you figured out what makes it lose focus. In my experience, the only way to lose focus on the timeline is to click outside of it. If your hand is on the mouse anyway, you can click back in it.

I’m sorry for not being clear - but that is what I was asking - I’m not on the mouse, I’m editing two hands on the keyboard (desktop) or with no mouse at all (trackpad - laptop) and the issue appears on both.

Is there anything I could provide that would help diagnosing?

Actually, it focuses the player, not the timeline.

Seems to focus whatever was last clicked out of the player or the timeline on mine. for example, if I go to the properties tab from either, shift+ESC will bring me back to whichever I used last.

This topic was automatically closed after 90 days. New replies are no longer allowed.