Linux, not start Shotcut

My OS is Ubuntu 18 LTS and I have been using Shotcut since 1 year or more. It is a great video editor: simple and with a lot of functions. Few days ago it did not started, and although I have uninstalled and reinstalled it several times, it does not start, but the folder snap is always crated in my user folder.

The minimum supported Ubuntu version is now 20.04.

Duplicate of which has a little more info about the snap than the other duplicate.

Just few days ago Shotcut worked in my computer and OS… I installed (almost) always with Ubuntu Software program (GUI), which I assume it was a version suitable for the OS.
If I right click on a video file (mp4) and choose program Shotcut, it does not start.

I am sorry, but I do not see your image with the supported versions for my Ubuntu 18 LTS. Moreover, what do I have to do to install one of them (what are the command lines in the terminal)?

Today I uploaded new snap, AppImage, and portable builds compatible with Ubuntu 18.04, Mint 19, and the like.

Few days ago I just clicked on Shotcut and it started. Great!
I asked an acquaintance who has informatic studies, about snap. He explained me a little about it. So, I suppose that you have mended sanp problem on Ubuntu 18 LTS. Thank you very much!

This topic was automatically closed after 90 days. New replies are no longer allowed.