Lengthen duration of timeline to match audio track SOLVED

I have put together about 100 images with default duration of about 4.3s. My partner has recorded an audio track remotely. I now need to lengthen the duration of each image to match the audio track. What is the best way of doing this? (I have watched tutorials but I do not want to calculate the length of a colour clip to insert for every image).
Solution
Overlap 2 off the images to create a transition.
Lock the audio track. Set Ripple trim and drop and ripple across all tracks.
Play the timeline and pause the playhead at the end of a phrase.
Drag the red vertical bar at the Right side of an image to the playhead: all subsequent images / clips should move to the Right.

Only just started using shotcut, so there may be a better solution.

I was trying out the slide show feature.

Add images to a play list, select them, then click create slideshow in the addition menu (3 bars icon at the bottom).
This lets you specify duration and fade in/out timings.
Divide the length of the track in seconds by number of slides and use that as the slide interval.
One click add to timeline.

Very easy to re-do if the timings are out.

Thanks for the idea. I have tried the slideshow with a few playlist items and indeed you can just drag each image to the required length, but I have already spent hours compiling images and videos into the right order with different transitions. I really need to be able to convert my present timeline into a slideshow to see if I can then drag each image to the required length but I think it only works with images, and I can not see an option to convert the timeline.

It seems to depend on the existence of a transition. Once a transition has been created (say, by overlapping clips) if you drag the red bar all the following clips will move en block in either direction.

This topic was automatically closed after 90 days. New replies are no longer allowed.