Lagging video

Hello. My 4k and 2.7k video is lagging. The 1080p video is OK. I have a Full HD monitor (1920x1080) and a tower with: Intel i5 4th generation - 32 gb ram - ssd 256 GB and MSI GeForce 4 gb.The lagging caused by the monitor or is something else I have to know?

Thank you! :wink:

What are the minimum system requirements?

Operating system: 64-bit Windows 7 - 10, Apple macOS 10.10 - 10.15, or 64-bit Linux with at least glibc 2.27.

CPU: x86-64 Intel or AMD; at least one 2 GHz core for SD, 4 cores for HD, and 8 cores for 4K.

GPU: OpenGL 2.0 that works correctly and is compatible. On Windows, you can also use a card with good, compatible DirectX 9 or 11 drivers. We do not have a list.

RAM: At least 4 GB for SD, 8 GB for HD, and 16 GB for 4K.

NOTE: If your computer is at the lower end of CPU and RAM requirements, you should use both the Preview Scaling and Proxy features to help reduce preview lag.

Hard drive: yes, get one; the bigger, the better :slight_smile:

Network: Shotcut does NOT require access to the network to activate, check a subscription, or send usage analytics. However, some links in the Help menu do link out to this web site. If you have files on a fast (at least 1 Gb/s) network share you can access them from there through your operating system.

1 Like

Its not the monitor. You should switch to proxy editing (thats always a good choice when dealing with high-res video). You should also reduce your preview size if it is still lagging. Otherwise you would have to buy a much more powerful system.

1 Like

This is in #FAQ

This topic was automatically closed after 90 days. New replies are no longer allowed.