Lag issues in Preview while editing

So, Shotcut always had problems with the editor and lagging, that’s not really anything new. However, since the latest version (22.03.30, 64-bit) it’s really become quite a lot worse for me. I already used to have these problems, and because of that I changed all settings like proxy, deinterlacer, preview scaling, basically anything you can change, I cranked to a minimum to be able to edit without too much lag.

This worked decently, until last update. Now, even if I have just only two clips on top of each other, no effects or anything, it lags incredibly much while editing. The export is always fine, just like it was in previous versions. Perhaps it’s also useful to share my specs in this case:

CPU: Intel Core I9 9900K @ 3.60GHz
RAM: 32 GB
GPU: GeForce RTX 3080 - 2047MB
Storage: 1TB SSD

Is it something that I can change within ShotCut, or is this a problem more people are having? I really love using ShotCut, I have used it for about 2 years now and I wouldn’t want to use anything other than that, so I really hope that it’s not a problem within the program itself :frowning:

It seems that after every release some people find that Shotcut slows down.

Sometimes we speculate about external programs interfering (Antivirus, Grammarly):

But we do not know for sure if the problem is external programs.

If anyone else experiences the same problem, I hope they post it here. Maybe we can find a pattern that will be a hint to a solution.

This topic was automatically closed after 89 days. New replies are no longer allowed.