Keyframes error after cut of parts

What is your operating system?
Win 10 - cpu I7

What is your Shotcut version (see Help > About Shotcut)? Is it 32-bit?

Can you repeat the problem? If so, what are the steps?
I’ve done right now a long editing video and after closing and opening the project, some video parts results full black or full white instead of what I had left before closing the editor.

The problems seems to be connected to keyframes.
If you edit a part of video with keyframes for “contrast”, “brightness”, “saturation”, or “size-position-rotate” filters, and you put some keys (using standard keys settings, no smooth or something else), the problem appears after you CUT this video in parts, and put some other clip in the middle…

So the correct process, of CUT operations, should be to create a KEY at the end of the CUT part, and a KEY at the beginning of the CUT part 2. This KEYframe should be calculated depending of the value that , in this point, a Saturation, or Bright, or contrast, should have reached.

Instead, there is only a duplication of the CLIP filters with no KEYS recalculation for the CUT.
Result is that I lose the Key analysis of the original clip because of a CUT.

Problem appears and show itself, not at current editing (that show correct brightness/contrast/etc), but when you save, close, and RE-open the project.
Those clip will then have faulty filters, with contrast to 0, no keyframes, brightness to 100, and so on…

Can you try to reconstruct the process?
best regards

Thanks for your report. I can repeat this problem consistently and have flagged it for future investigation.

This is fixed for the 21.12 release.

1 Like