Key wording help

I am brand new to shotcut and wondering how you go about doing key wording in there… Are the certain steps you take or a link I can view learn how to do this? Thank you

Hello, welcome:
I want to help but I don’t quite understand the question.
Are you referring to Keyframes or is it something else you are asking?

It is something else. I am a photographer that uses it all the time in a software program that I use. This is where you put words that describe the particular picture you are working on. So what I would like to know is if shortcut has something similar. Once you have done this it would help to make the video searchable on you tube. Also if you submit it to a stock photo company that accepts video it also is searchable there. My main question is there some place to go in shot cut to accomplish this?
Thanks

That is a YouTube feature with tags.
There nothing you can do in Shotcut for tags.
You might want to check out YouTube Creators for helpful videos on how the platform works.

Thank you very much for the information. I will have to take a look at your suggestions.

Rich

Given that you’re a photographer, are you referring to XMP or IPTC tags? If so, those have some level of standardization for video files, but Shotcut is not able to write that kind of metadata. Tools and metadata descriptions for video can be found here:

I don’t think YouTube reads XMP or IPTC. I think that’s mostly for stock and news agencies. If your target is YouTube alone, it probably isn’t worth the effort to embed the data. YouTube has its own tag system.

This topic was automatically closed after 90 days. New replies are no longer allowed.