I don’t want to call it a bug yet.
- Launch Shotcut.
- Turn off Toggle snapping if enabled.
- Open a video. An image doesn’t work well.
- Create three clips from the video.
- Put them in the Timeline. Let’s call them A, B, and C.
- Leave some empty space between those three clips.
- Click the left edge of C and move the cursor toward B.
- Move the cursor past the right edge of B and even left edge of B.
- Move the cursor back to where the left edge of C was in 7).
- B is expanded. A bunch of frames are added to both edges of B.
If I drag C to B and cover it up, Shotcut moves C to the original location. This is good. It’s not much of a transition if C covers the entirety of B.
Even if A and B are side by side, the same thing happens.