Is there a way to loop a whole audio track?

So I have some neat EDM background music for my videos but its quote short and my videos rang from 8min to 20min so what I did as a work around was to just pull it from the playlist over and over again and line it all up which seems ok its just a pain in the ass.

I know I could probably do it all in audacity or something but just wondering if there is an option for this in shotcut guys?

Cheers

1 Like

Copy’n’paste.

1 Like

Yeah forgot to say and other than copy paste too. Because then you have to fade in out for each length of track, adjust the volume etc.

1 Like

You asked about looping a short piece of audio, said nothing about fading and adjusting volumes (etc).

Therefore the short answer is… No

2 Likes

Really?

I thought this would be a basic feature.

Ah well copy n paste it is. Thanks Steve, p.s. you know you have a real way with people right? Do you have a lot of friends?

Here is what I would do:

1. Start a new project
  2. Add your audio clip to the playlist over and over until the total duration is longer than 20 minutes.
  3. Save the project as “music_loop.mlt”.
  4. Create a new project and add “music_loop.mlt” as a clip.

Now you have one long clip with the music looping over and over. You can use that clip in new projects - and in each project you can slice it however you want.

3 Likes

Whatever your opinion is about my style of writing [on forums] it’s all in your head.
If you choose to be offended, go ahead - be offended, nothing will happen. :slight_smile:

Yes, this would be useful if you’re planning to use the ‘loop’ in more than one project, otherwise no real advantage to copy’n’paste which frankly is fast once copied.

Im one of the least easily offended people mate. But you keep on forum chatting and you might make some friends one day. :slight_smile:

Better to stay on topic. No-one else is interested in your personal take on me - but if you must continue I suggest using the Private Message system instead.

4 Likes

Totally necroposting but I just want to leave my mark here. The world is ending anyways and this was kinda funny lol
I’d love to know if this little discussion continued on the private message system hahaha

1 Like