Is Shotcut broken now?

Hi. I have just read Glad8tor’s thread and I think that I have the same problem, the problem is, I don’t quite understand how you fixed the problem. I’m not sure what you did about it. Should I clear my One Drive deleted files? I have already uninstalled and re installed Shotcut twice. It seems to fix the problem for one editing job but then reverts back to freezing and lagging until I have to control/alt delete just to get out of Shotcut. I have quite a high spec HP Omen gaming laptop. I noticed that my One Drive storage was maxed out and bought extra space. Still no joy! I am at a loss. If anyone can offer any advice I would extremely grateful! Cheers!

I just ran into a similar problem on a Linux machine, and I found that the configuration data was corrupt, specifically, the recent files list. If I try to scroll that list to the end, Shotcut would hang very long (waited at least 5 minutes before giving up). I was able to move the config file, but on Windows the default is the registry. You can try to delete Shotcut’s recent key in the registry or completely reset the configuration data using either the installer or Settings > Reset menu item within Shotcut.

I made a change for the next version to move the recent data out of the configuration (settings) data and to clear the recent data in configuration.

2 Likes