INVALID when applying chroma key

What is your operating system?
Windows 10

What is your Shotcut version (see Help > About Shotcut)? Is it 32-bit?

Can you repeat the problem? If so, what are the steps?
(Please be specific and use the names as seen in Shotcut, preferably English. Include a screenshot or screen recording if you can. Also, you can attach logs from either View

When I apply the Chroma Key Simple and choose the color of my green screen a big word “INVALID” is shown across the image.

It is a jpg picture and the video was converted to an mpg4 video upon the initiative of Shotcut as it claimed that some colors would not be represented correctly.

The video is shot on a Sony ZV-1 in the XAVC S HD format but, as I mentioned above, converted to mpg4 upon import to ShotCut

Question peut-être stupide, mais le fichier “INVALID” pourrait-il être celui sur la piste V1

Maybe a stupid question, but could the “INVALID” file be the one on track V1?

Normally INVALID means something is missing, you lost or moved a file, clip, picture or you renamed something in the meantime.

I am unable to reproduce it. It looks like it is the JPEG that is replaced with INVALID, and the video is fine. Is that correct?

Did you move the JPEG file or rename it? Save the project an reopen it to see is missing files are reported.

Found the problem! I dragged the pictures from the google drive from Explorer so the problem was that the picture was still on my Goole drive (G:) and apparently that does not work! I copied the files to my C: drive and now the problem is solved!
Thanks for all your considerate suggestions.
I hope this post helps somebody who make the same mistake as I did. I did not know that it did not work dragging files from a google drive through Explorer into ShotCut. Don’t know if it is a bug as such but something that should be easy to find in this forum should this happen to others. So here it is :slight_smile: Thanks again

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.