Increasing speed acceleration?

Hi!

I could use some help. :slight_smile:
How could you have an increasing speed acceleration for a video clip?
The only way, I know, is to split the clip and speed up a little more each split part.
But maybe someone knows a better way?
The best would be, if it looks like a faded in transition…, but only for the speed.

TIA :slight_smile:

Best regards

Best would be to keyframe the “speed-parameter” but i see no way for that in SC, beside what you mentioned. If you dont need high precision i would just cut the clip in parts and speed up each part as you like. You can set speed in the properties tab.

This is a common request

This is a feature that I am actively working on. I hope to have something by the end of the year.

In the mean time, people use http://slowmovideo.granjow.net/

7 Likes

Can’t wait! :+1: :+1:

Lovely, great!! Will it have motion blur and work on timelapse photos also? The end of the year is coming soon :sweat_smile:

We will not have a lot of advanced features to begin with. But it will provide a framework that we can build more features on in the future. I have been thinking about how motion blur and timelapse would work and am making considerations for those in the framework.

3 Likes

Are we still on track for speed ramping by end of year?

I have it working pretty well in a code branch. But the changes are extensive and there are complications to merge it into the main code base. Unfortunately, it is looking more like January or February.

In the meantime, here is a screenshot to show progress:

5 Likes

Looks very promising! This is the functionality I’m most exciting about. Thanks for the update!

Hi!

Very impressive! Really! That looks fantastic. The cut is (nearly :slight_smile: )…perfect. :smile:

Best regards

In the interim, is there a way that just this functionality can be utilized as a stand-alone?

Dan and I have been discussing a way to get a beta to early adopters. Will keep you posted.

1 Like

That would be fantastic!

That feature looks so cool. Thanks for the work. :+1:

Great work, Brian - looking forward to this.

Thus looks exciting! Great visual

This topic was automatically closed after 90 days. New replies are no longer allowed.