Improving the Speed filter

Thanks for your comments.

This issue was reported here and is fixed for the next release.

This was considered during the original implementation. But it creates too many side effects. Will the length of the clip grow and shrink dynamically as a user pulls a keyframe up and down on the filter? What will happen to clips after the affected clip? With they be moved or overwritten? No one has volunteered to tackle all the complications that would come from this.

I am open minded about this. I chose 10x as the limit because it seems like faster than 10x just looks like a slideshow. If someone needs more than 10x, they can use the speed parameter in the clip properties.

Also, common speed adjustments in the range of 1x-2x become difficult if that range is only the tiny 5% left side of the slider with the right 95% use for less common 2x-20x speed adjustment.

My intention is that you would not cut up the clip. Instead, configure the keyframes in the filter to be 1x speed until the section that you want to speed up. Then, when you are done speeding up, and go back to 1x speed, just leave the speed filter at 1x for the rest of the clip. No need to do any cutting.