Imported videos won't play

So, recently I installed Shotcut in another pc, this time being the secon time i’ve used the programme, only this time, I can’t figure out a way to play imported videos on shotcut. Instead of playing, a still frame is shown for the entire duration of the video.
I think this pc meets the necessary requirements to use Shotcut, althouht I am not shure.
Any help would be appreciated.

Neither are we sure because you did not provide any information. More that likely you are using Windows, and in that case you should try changing Settings > Drawing Method to something different. Outside of that, you should use the same file that you know works on the other PC where it works.
If you reply:

Look man, I don’t mean to be an asshole or anything, butt what are you talking about.
That’s not an option on Shotcut settings, you mean Windows settings.
Excuse my ignorance, did you mean display method, because i’ve tried that and it dind’t work.

This is probably what is meant.

If this does not help, please look at Requesting Support (2020) and provide the information requested there.

PS: it is possible that your computer does not match the requirements seen in Shotcut - Frequently Asked Questions

Operating system: 32- or 64-bit Windows 7 - 10, Apple macOS 10.10 - 10.15, or 64-bit Linux with at least glibc 2.19.

CPU: x86-64 Intel or AMD; at least one 2 GHz core for SD, 2 cores for HD, and 4 cores for 4K.

GPU: OpenGL 2.0 that works correctly and is compatible. On Windows, you can also use a card with good, compatible DirectX 9 or 11 drivers. We do not have a list.

RAM: At least 4 GB for SD, 8 GB for HD, and 16 GB for 4K.

Hard drive: yes, get one; the bigger, the better :slight_smile:

Network: Shotcut does NOT require access to the network to activate, check a subscription, or send usage analytics. However, some links in the Help menu do link out to this web site. If you have files on a fast (at least 1 Gb/s) network share you can access them from there through your operating system.

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.