Imported video only plays audio

This may not be an issue with Shotcut itself, but…

So I’m making a video using video clips that my friends recorded. They recorded the videos in different ways, different formats/file names. And a few of the videos have stopped displaying the picture and only play the audio. At first they worked fine, and I saved my progress and closed Shotcut. But when I opened Shotcut again to continue making my video, those videos suddenly stopped working. And they wouldn’t play on Windows Media Player (I guess on Windows 10 it’s called “Movies & TV”) at all - not the sound or picture. Windows Media Player showed a “Can’t Play” error with error code 0xc00d36c4. I looked for help online, but none of the solutions seem to match the issue I’m facing.

I already asked one of my friends to re-record their video, but it came up with the same error. This time it happened the first time I opened it. So it may have to do with how they recorded it, but they recorded it on their phone, like my other friends did. I don’t see any reason it won’t play.

I hate to keep asking my friends to re-record their videos; can anyone help me solve this problem or find the cause of it?

Thanks so much.

@Joanna, download a copy of mediainfo (https://mediaarea.net/en/MediaInfo/Download). Open one of the “bad” files in it and then choose view->text. Paste the output and someone may be able to help.

This topic was automatically closed after 90 days. New replies are no longer allowed.