I cannot locate my files

I must be doing something wrong but I don’t know how to fix the issue. I updated my shotcut version to 19.10.20, I believed I had saved the original version but I did not. I have attempted to cut three movies since the upgrade and every single one of them cannot be retrieved. I have even lost my entire recent projects list. I believe I can see the files on my drive under videos but it appears the shotcut program cannot see my files. Please help me as I cannot make any additional videos until I understand this issue.

The latest version is 19.12.31, and you can download older versions.

I have even lost my entire recent projects list.

That is simply a (in)convenience. This should only happen if you check a box in the Windows installer to remove the Shotcut registry settings to reset things.

I can see the files on my drive under videos but it appears the shotcut program cannot see my files.

Use File > Open in the menu bar, navigate to where you were saving your .mlt files before, and pick one. If you have a problem, explain what happens here.

This topic was automatically closed after 90 days. New replies are no longer allowed.