How to Share presets from one computer to another

Hi

So I have been doing a lot of editing on my laptop but I have found some major benefits to editing on my PC.

Question is I have made some pre set text settings that I would like to keep the same on my videos but I have no idea if its possible to send the settings from my laptop to my PC.

Is it possible??

Thanks

Yes, it is possible! On Windows, you can find presets here (Iā€™m not sure where they are in Mac or Linux):

C:\Users\USER\AppData\Local\Meltytech\Shotcut\presets\

1 Like

Where are the log, presets, database, and settings stored?

Currently, the database is used to store thumbnail and waveform data, but it will likely grow to include more things over time.

Windows

The log, database, and presets are stored in %LOCALAPPDATA%\Meltytech\Shotcut. In the Explorer location bar, enter ā€œ%LOCALAPPDATA%ā€ and press Enter. Then look for Meltytech\Shotcut.

The settings are stored in the registry at key HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Meltytech\Shotcut.

Linux

The log, database, and presets are stored in ~/.local/share/Meltytech/Shotcut/ where ā€˜~ā€™ is your home directory, of course.

The settings are stored in ~/.config/Meltytech/Shotcut.conf, which is a text file in INI format.

OS X

The log, database, and presets are stored in ~/Library/Application Support/Meltytech/Shotcut/, where ā€˜~ā€™ is your home directory, of course.

The settings are stored in ~/Library/Preferences/com.Meltytech.Shotcut.plist, which is a binary plist file.

From https://shotcut.org/FAQ/#where-are-the-log-presets-database-and-settings-stored