How to apply Lissajous curve effect

There must be a way to make the Lissajous curve effect move in Shotcut.

Otherwise it wouldn’t be there.

Tried with separate video- and audiofiles, but none of them worked.

Lissajous curve remains static.

Does anybody know how to?

Thanks for the reply.

I played with it a few months ago, and at that time (as I recall) I had it moving as expected.

I looked at it just now, tried many things, and it seems to be only static.
As a static pattern of dots, it seems quite useless.

Yet last year, people were posting videos of it moving.

So either something has changed, or I am forgetting some key step needed to get it moving.

Right,
but it looks like that didn’t refer to Shotcut, but to Lissajous i.g. and to Google.?!? :confused:
So it might have been static already back then. :thinking:

Is there any developer of this feature out there? :laughing:

Can you provide a screenshot of the effect you are trying to use?

There is no filter named “Lissajous” or “Curve”. There is a video generator that creates a Lissajous curve under File->Open Other. That is not an effect, but a generator and it has always generated a static curve.

Thank you for joining Brian.

Yeah that’s right. It’s “open other”:

Screenshot 2021-06-02 002006

So I changed it to:

thank you Brian for joining,

Yes, it is “open other”

Screenshot 2021-06-02 002006

seems I cannot answer, as post is regarded as spam (tried to insert some images)

Hello,

This is an automated message from Shotcut Forum to let you know that your post was hidden.

https://forum.shotcut.org/t/how-to-apply-lissajous-curve-effect/27946/6

Your post was flagged as spam: the community feels it is an advertisement, something that is overly promotional in nature instead of being useful or relevant to the topic as expected.

This post was hidden due to flags from the community, so please consider how you might revise your post to reflect their feedback. You can edit your post after 10 minutes, and it will be automatically unhidden.

However, if the post is hidden by the community a second time, it will remain hidden until handled by staff.

then I created sth. static like:

or

or

or

so, in motion, it should look like:

lJhd70k

What do you think, is sth. like this possible?

Thanks for your reply.

In order to make the curve move we would have to implement animation/keyframes for the x & y parameters. No one has contributed that feature yet.

This topic was automatically closed after 90 days. New replies are no longer allowed.