Hi, I have a problem with the audio. The file is Wav and it plays in a truncated form, choppy

What is your operating system?
win 64

What is your Shotcut version (see Help > About Shotcut)? Is it 32-bit?

Can you repeat the problem? If so, what are the steps?
(Please be specific and use the names as seen in Shotcut, preferably English. Include a screenshot or screen recording if you can. Also, you can attach logs from either View > Application Log or right-click a job and choose View Log.)

I edited the English title so that other users can benefit from the result of the query.

Hi, I have a problem with the audio. The file is Wav and it plays in a truncated form, choppy

We need to know:
-Properties of the audio.
-Do you have proxy and preview scaling enabled?
-is there only a problem with the audio or does the video also play choppy?
-have you rendered (exported) the project?
-how is the result of that export?

1 Like

Perhaps your problem can be solved with this information:

Hi, the audio is a mp3 file.
I just have enable the proxy and preview scaling and it works.

Thank you so much!!

I s the problem because of the photos resolution?

I’m glad it worked out well. :grinning:
The problem is a mixture of several things.
First, you are editing video (even if they are still pictures) which requires resources from your computer.
Depending on the characteristics of your system (RAM, processor, etc.) the preview (audio and also video) is affected while you are editing. This is not transferred to the final result (after export)
To avoid this, the proxy function makes a reduced resolution copy which is the one shown in the preview window and thus achieves a reduction in resource usage and smooth playback.

Now, the problem is with the export. 1 hour aprox to export! woww. My pc has 8gb ram and the processor is AMD ryzen 5. Y thought it was enought

Proxy for audio? Does shotcut do that?

It is not proxy for audio. The video (video and audio track) advances in a choppy way and as we can observe that the video advances irregularly in the preview window, we can hear how the audio also does the same.
Initially the proxy is for video files and images without alpha channel.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.