Having trouble changing aspect ratio and resolution

Hi, I’m super new to this program and am playing around in the hopes of eventually making a vine compilation. I have a whole slew of “vine” clips saved to my computer, all with both a resolution AND ratio aspect of 360 x 360. However, I’ve got this one anomaly of a “vine” file with a resolution of 640 x 360, and an aspect ratio over 16 x 9.

So far I’ve tried various combinations of cropping, zooming, and fiddling around with the properties of the file. Though I’ve been able to change some things, I can never get the clip to match the dimensions of the others. I’d post a screenshot but I don’t think the site will let me right now. Could someone help me?

tl;dr: I want to make a vine compilation but I have one file that’s not perfectly square like the others and trying to change it is driving me crazy.

Select the clip, add the Crop: Source video filter and click the Center checkbox. After that, you can adjust the centering using Center Bias.

This topic was automatically closed after 90 days. New replies are no longer allowed.