Hardware Encoding - Not Found

GT710 is kepler(likely on it’s way out soon) and only supports H.264 (AVCHD) YUV 4:2:0.

low end Maxwell cards(the 750) add H.264 (AVCHD) YUV 4:4:4 and H.264 (AVCHD) Lossless as well as at minimum another 2 years of support over kepler if things hold they way they have been

Newer pascal cards(the quadro’s I suggested) also add .265 (HEVC) 4K YUV 4:2:0 H.265 (HEVC) 4K YUV 4:4:4 H.265 (HEVC) 4K Lossless H.265 (HEVC) 8k

Which if you’re buying it as a hardware encoder will give it the longest usefull life. 30 isn’t bad for the GT710 if you only need H.264 (AVCHD) YUV 4:2:0 but you’re getting what you pay for

I do appreciate the info; I’ll keep it in mind for next time.
Perhaps I should have added “…so if $30 is all you can afford…”, which is the place I find myself in these days.
I am sure I would like that quadro even better… …if I could afford it.

K620(750 based quadro) is about 60 on ebay and would probably be my budget pick for this.

Before this thread, a few days ago I was looking up local (there) availability and prices for a friend in southeast Asia. My top pick for him was a 750 for about $60.

yeah and that’s fine, for shotcut NVENC is NVENC but some stuff(looks at adobe ect.) behaves very different between quadro and geforce cards

Good to know. Thanks.

I didn’t know the GT-710 only supports H.264 and not H.265. I have been enamored with the NVENC Export that, with luck (for me), speeds up things considerably. The last time I looked at Quadro professional video cards they were over $1000 usd. I built my whole new PC for less than half that! I don’t keep track of “kepler”, “pascal” and such. If there are any nvidia video cards under $100 usd that support H.265 I sure would appreciate hearing about it. -=Ken=-

for h265 encoding you’re looking at a 960Ti minimum on the geforce side although the 1050Ti gets you a lot further

On the quadro side you’re looking at an m4000 at minimum age wise although once you hit pascal(the p400) every quadro gets lots of encode support

not quite under 100 but as I said the P400 is about 119.99 new https://amzn.to/2VfjJO7 although you may find it on ebay for closer to 80. The 1050/1050Ti also have all the support for h265 and start around 120 https://amzn.to/2RCVHxs but they use a lot more power and if you’re not gaming(or want to work with other professional applications) the quadro has it’s advantages.

I know people are trying to find the lower end priced cards, but for those who have a few more dollars, the RTX 2060 just launched, and there are a slew of videos since yesterday on YouTube about the card. This card is cheaper than my GTX1070 and out performs the GTX1070.

The point being, there might be a bunch of the older GTX1070’s GTX1080’s hitting eBay very shortly once RTX 2060 finally starts shipping.

Off NVIDIA’s website:
firefox_2019-01-08_20-49-37

Thanks @D_S for posting that nice chart - and the links to lower cost cards. A Quadro card on Ebay for 80 bucks! Tempted. For now, H.264 is still mainstream and the GT-710 is a bargain. Perhaps in the future as H.265 becomes even more mainstream the market will change as @Hudson suggests.

Either that or Export overnight, just as we old timers have for years now.

-=Ken=-

1 Like

I found the root cause of this bug. It occurs when there is a space in the path where Shotcut is located. It is fixed for the next version 19.01.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 90 days. New replies are no longer allowed.