H264_toolbox doesn't produce video anymore (on Mac)

I have recently updated my old version of Shotcut on my Mac. Then I wanted to export a video with h264_toolbox, but the created video had only an audio track but no video track. I then tested all versions that are between my old version and the current one. All new versions did not work.
Summary:
System: iMac (27 Zoll, late 2012), macOS 10.11.6
Version 19.08.16 => working
Version 19.09.14 => NOT working
Version 19.10.20 => NOT working
Version 19.12.31 => NOT working
Version 20.02.17 => NOT working

It works for me. Maybe the problem is that the FFmpeg version we use updated (it was in v19.09), and you are using a very old version of macOS that will dropped in a few months anyways. I have no plan to address this. Turn off hardware encoder if it does not work for you.

Is there a way to test with the previous version of FFmpeg to find out if this is the reason. Can I exchange the FFmpeg versions?

No. Shotcut is linked to MLT, which is linked to FFmpeg libraries. It is not simply a ffmpeg command line front end.

Is there a way to test with the previous version of FFmpeg to find out if this is the reason.

This is basically what you already did by saying it works in v19.08. Not a perfect validation, but I am 95% sure that is the reason.

Now I know which combinations of Shotcut and the operating system do not work. I have the choice to stay with the old Shotcut version or to update my operating system.
Thank you very much for the information.

You do a very, very good job with Shotcut.
Many greetings Giggs.

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.