[Free Sound Effects]

I tried following the moves I saw in the GIF.*

I heard the “beep”.

I couldn’t find any source file.

(*One difference, I was already in my project, at the point where I want to insert the tone.)

Sorry for the delay in responding. I recorded a new GIF, I hope you can understand the procedure better, although the interface is in Spanish.

Although I finally dragged the clip with the audio pitch at 1000 Hz to a video track (for the sake of convenience for this example), you can drag it to an audio track and make the clip even shorter (or longer) depending on your needs.
In the playlist, when you hover your mouse over the audio tone clip, the frequency data you have chosen for that source clip appears.

Drag it? Drag it? What “it”? From where?

(Now that I have solved my dilemma, it is very funny, I laugh as I type.)
:joy: :rofl: :joy:

I use an external monitor for preview.
My workflow has always been:
Linux folder -->> Playlist -->> Timeline

During the assembling of clips on the Timeline, my Preview window on the external monitor is typically covered over by my task-management program.

I had never been aware of the drag-from-Preview-window-to-Playlist operation.

So all I had was a tone and a momentary flash of something in the empty Preview window space.

(…and I had never tried out Icons mode for “Lista de reproduccion”, so I had never seen anything like what I saw on your second GIF)

It took at least ten minutes of digging until I realized what was happening. Trying to drag from the empty Preview window, trying to drag the bar under the empty preview window, puzzling out the Spanish Shotcut labels…

Thank you for you patience, @ejmillan, finally now I have it.
:smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

1 Like

I get a lot of help here too.
I currently use Shotcut on Linux Ubuntu Studio, but for GIF recordings I use ShareX on W10.
I didn’t find anything similar in Ubuntu to get a small image file size (which I can usually embed directly in many forums).

Sorry if the term “dragging” is mistranslated or used in another context. I use DeepL as an online translator.

Then you would miss some of the functions included in the “Open other” menu such as The color bars (EBU-PAL-SMPTE), the noise (I think white audio noise + video noise), the Plasma effect, or the “countdown” module.

I think I should do my recordings of procedures with the English interface, but sometimes, in my haste to provide an answer, I don’t do it.

99% of my work on Shotcut is “talking head” videos, so much of the capabilities that others use for very inventive and artistic videos are of little use for my work.
This is why I had no interaction on the Forum until recently; most of what I saw discussed here had little relevance for me.

You have understood, used, and demonstrated the term correctly.

The difficulty was me being unaware that anything could be be dragged from the Preview window.

What is amusing for me now, is that to do this, I am dragging the clip through the air above my desk as it is taken from one monitor to the other.

That would be interesting to do with virtual reality goggles, hahaha. :rofl:

1 Like

Don’t forget about my website. I’ve created over 2000 tracks of music and sound fx that content creators can freely use with attribution. Enjoy! :slight_smile:

I get my sound Sample packs from sikksound they are providing the best high-quality sound sample pack…

Helen, nice sample pack, really excellent stuff, I’m also into music and tunes and trying to make something of my own, and I also do voice over scripts for certain firms, and as a fellow music fan, I really loved your packs, they’re really useful, good luck.