Frame-inaccurate/ Corrupted proxy

What is your operating system?
Window 10

What is your Shotcut version (see Help > About Shotcut)? Is it 32-bit?
21.10.31 64-bit

Can you repeat the problem? If so, what are the steps?
This happens between non-frequent to frequent. It only cause me minor issue in doing some light editing before and inaccurate frame doesn’t bother much, but project like this one (shown below) with inaccurate frame is completely messed up n convey no meanings. I actually solved this problem with some hardcore ways by converting the corrupted file to edit friendly and replace it to the corrupted proxy on each frame, filter effects and properties.

The questions that I need ans for in this post:

1. Is there any better way to prevent this problem? For example, checking the proxy once it is done processing by turning it off and on to check the frame. Can the proxy file get corrupted during editing?

2. Is there any better solution to tackle with this problem more efficiently in term of time and effort apart from replacing the file one by one?

Below are the comparison between 2 projects (I saved a copy of corrupted proxy file), one that is with converted edit friendly files and another with proxy:

Red circle is the proxy file:

Proxy on:

Proxy off:

Converted file replace the corrupted proxy in another projects:

A proxy by its nature can mask problems like this when the original file does not seek as accurate as the proxy. Not everything can be seeked accurately. Thus some workflows call for converting everything first and then creating proxies of those. Or you can simply turn off proxy and review and refine prior to export.

1 Like