Fastforward slower speed

Hi, first of all: thank you for this amazing software.

I really need to modify the speed when you press the shortcut “L” while editing: https://bit.ly/3n3YjBb

Is it possible to modify the speed in some ways? (config file for example?)

I really need to do this because after i edited all my video i have to play it back and check if there are some errors. Of course it’s a waste of time play the video at normal speed.

Thank you very much!

Best regards

Hello,

any suggestions?

Best regards

There is no way to customize the fast forward speed.

I believe that each click on the >> button doubles the speed (2x, 4x, etc).

What speed do you need?

I know this needs more work. Part of the problem is that on many projects Shotcut is barely able to keep up with real time let alone play faster than real time. So, when Brian says “2X” what it does is render every other video frame. Unfortunately, when the engine is put into that mode, it no longer cares about real time, and simply feeds every other frame through the engine as fast as it can. That speed depends on a lot of things, but on one of my main systems a 280x720 ProRes with no filters plays a minute of footage in 2 seconds in that mode!

Thank you very much for the replies.

I understood that there is no way to increase the speed for reviewing the video.

Well, i think the best way is to be careful while editing, render the video and then use like VLC to check if everything is fine.

The only problem is that you lose a lot of time is something is wrong :slight_smile:
Have to edit and render again.

Best regards

That is good feedback. I will tuck that a way for a future improvement idea.

1 Like

This is much improved for the next version. There still is no 1.25x or 1.5x, but now it properly skips the correct number of frames for 2x and 4x. Previously, it was dropping too many frames.

1 Like

+1 o/ for 1.25x and 1.5x FFW.

Also, now I understand why the sound is clicking/popping when scrubbing/forwarding. How do streaming websites speed up the audio so seamlessly at higher speeds? There must be an interpolation algorithm already in the public domain for that (and I bet it uses Fast Fourier Transforms!).