Exports are not working with nvenc with the new driver 457.09-desktop-win10-64bit-international-dch-whql

What is your operating system?
WIN 10 Pro 64 bit
AMD 2400G, RAM 16G, GTX 1660SUPER 6G-OC (factory tuning)
NVIDIA Driver see in topic

What is your Shotcut version (see Help > About Shotcut)? Is it 32-bit?
Shotcut version 20.10.31 portable ver (64 bit? May be)

Can you repeat the problem? If so, what are the steps?
(Please be specific and use the names as seen in Shotcut, preferably English. Include a screenshot or screen recording if you can. Also, you can attach logs from either View > Application Log or right-click a job and choose View Log.)

After installing the driver of the graphics card 457.09-desktop-win10-64bit-international-dch-whql noticed a strong slowdown in export performance. At the same time, the load of the 3D and codec of the graphics card disappeared. The main load remained on the CPU and significantly increased the export time - it began to exceed the real time of the video 2-3 times. I had to reinstall the driver of the 452.06-desktop-win10-64bit-international-dch-whql.

After such a pullback, export performance has recovered and video export time is now 1.5-2 times less than the real time of the video. During the export, a load of the 3D codec module appeared. Although the codec is strangely underloaded, 25% is used at best, although the 3D module is sometimes loaded by more than 90%.

But if it works, let it work in this way. However, incompatibility with a fresh driver is a bit intimidating.

There are also other observations on export and work menu options, but this is later.

Unable to reproduce. I just upgraded to this version, and it works for me without even rebooting. From the export job log:

[h264_nvenc @ 0000000000e12a00] Loaded Nvenc version 11.0
[h264_nvenc @ 0000000000e12a00] Nvenc initialized successfully
[h264_nvenc @ 0000000000e12a00] 1 CUDA capable devices found
[h264_nvenc @ 0000000000e12a00] [ GPU #0 - < GeForce GTX 980 Ti > has Compute SM 5.2 ]
[h264_nvenc @ 0000000000e12a00] supports NVENC

And the exports succeeds and playable. It is not reliable to determine based on monitoring. You might not be comparing the exact same jobs before and after. You need to look at the log. I also recommend you reboot if you have not before trying again.

Yes, it works under this driver.

My mistake was probably a dirty installation of a new driver. In addition, the GTX 1660super does not support PhysX, and there was an option to run PhysX on GPUs from the menu.

NVIDIA changed divers and now 3D module loading is not displayed or codec is being used correctly. In any case, it started to work. I tried to replicate the effect on a laptop with a discrete GTX 1650, but on a fresh laptop driver, Shotcut worked correctly without displaying the 3D load.

I will add that switching PhysX to GPU or CPU on laptop has a noticeable effect on export speed. When PhysX is executed on a CPU, export slows down by 20-40%.

PS. Better to do a clean install of NVIDIA drivers.

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.