Exporting a video in a different resolution results with black stripes

What is your operating system?
lsb_release -a
No LSB modules are available.
Distributor ID: Ubuntu
Description: Ubuntu 20.10
Release: 20.10
Codename: groovy

What is your Shotcut version (see Help > About Shotcut)? Is it 32-bit?
No.

Can you repeat the problem? If so, what are the steps?
Have a video source as 1920 * 1200 px and export it as 1920 * 1080 - it doesn’t work! You can try cropping the source through the specific filter. If you tell it to crop 120 px from bottom that’s a black stripe it doesn’t do that - it just moves the rest to the center. You can try cropping with the rectangle filter. If you crop it crops but the canvas doesn’t change. Export a frame and you see that the black strip(s) come with it. Export it as a source - you have black strip(s) or exactly the same as at the canvas.

Please see the video at https://youtu.be/cx26dCtRDZQ

Use Crop:Source with Center checked.
Windows 10 Home
Shotcut version 21.02.27
Video Mode: 1920x1080
Image file: 1920x1200

Exported frame

Source image

1 Like

This is not a bug; this is your misunderstanding of how to accomplish your task.

2 Likes

The example doesn’t fit to my case. My 1920x1200-video has no overhead on the sides, yours does. Every time I close Shotcut and open it with the project it has black bars top and bottom not on sides as in your example.

Is your monitor native resolution 1920x1080 or 1920x1200 or something else?

The video was initially recorded using the resolution 1920x1200 while using a monitor with the resolution 1920x1080. This is why the black bar appears on the bottom in the original video. I want to get rid of that black bar so that only the upper real part remains. I’ve done all the editing and want to export. How?

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.