Export Settings to YouTube

I am trying to record some YouTube tutorials using OBS. My OBS settings are 1920 x 1080 at 30fps. Recording quality is “high quality, medium file size” and video encoder is hvenc h.264.

I am just cutting the start and end of the video and making some minor cuts (if needed within the video) but have noticed that the final file size ends up being greater than the original. For example a video of around 400mb ends up being 450mb.

I am wondering if you can help me fix the issue i.e. to maintain the file size. Also, could you tell me if there are any settings I should make sure I am using. Would like to maintain the file size but not lose any of the original quality from OBS. Many thanks.

Read the FAQ

Thank you, I did run a search on the forum but I could not find any post with the correct settings for my case.

In other words, stop worrying about your minor, unimportant file size differences.

It should not be a problem - unless you have some kind of strict file size requirement for some reason.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 90 days. New replies are no longer allowed.