Export failure code 11 on linux

FAQ and other related posts didn’t help. Here’s the issue:

Shotcut version 22.01.30 from default ubuntu repository.
Issue persists on snap and appimage versions.

System specs:
Ryzen 7 5800X, 32GB DDR4 3600MHz (4 Sticks of 8GB each), Ubuntu 22.04, Kernel 5.17 oem
RAM usage never exceeds 14GB out of 32GB
editing off PCIE4 nvme SSD and exporting to a different PCIE4 nvme SSD with more than enough free space.

Shotcut settings tested:
-Changed job priority from low to normal
-added an empty video track
-with or without parallel processing
-saved to mlt before exporting
-no filters applied
-no proxy editing
-changed the crf value from 75% to the default 55%
-tried libx264 and libx265
-ran shotcut as sudo

The project is just two mkv files that had minor cuts made to them and are supposed to be exported into one mp4 file.
Exporting always fails at random percentages with error code 11, sometimes before failing the cpu load will go to basically 0% while shotcut still shows exporting percentage for about a minute (shotcut does not freeze though).

If I take the mlt file and the raw footage files and load the project on my laptop (same versions and everything), the export works without issues. My PC is way faster though and with the failure point being apparently random I don’t think there’s an issue with the files.

Update: after just running the export on my laptop and then trying two different, also rather long videos, the export seems to work fine. I still don’t understand, why the exact same project fails on my PC and works on my laptop, but since then everything else seems to work fine.

Still, that something fails in an unexplained way leaves a rather sour taste.

This topic was automatically closed after 90 days. New replies are no longer allowed.